Sunday, December 28, 2008

Silence is not always Golden

So, somehow, in the course my sleeping, a decision was made, within the recesses of my mind...

No longer will I silently bite back my thoughts, and brood over them in the privacy of my own home. No longer will I let other's actions and words dictate MY emotional well being, or that of MY family.

If you feel the need to open a can of worms, be prepared to muck through the mess you've made. I will no longer excuse behaviors I find offensive, or thoughtless. If you push a button, or step on toes... you'll be called on it. And if you don't like it....then I suggest you put more thought into what you say and do.

I'm well aware that sometimes, people act, and speak, without thinking. But that doesn't excuse it. It shouldn't. People should be called on those thoughtless moments. People should be held accountable for their actions.

What this all boils to, is that I'm sick of making excuses for those who would otherwise just railroad, and bulldoze their way over other peoples wants, needs and emotions. "Too hell with what they think." Well... if that is truly how you feel, then my calling you on it, should be a welcome reprieve. Because quite frankly, I don't care anymore, what you think. If you have something to say, feel free to say it, but expect a response from me. Good or bad, I'm not holding it in anymore. I'm not losing sleep over your stupid behavior, I'm not stressing myself to the point of sickness over the stupid things you've said, and I'm certainly not going to let the stupid stuff you do, override, or overpower, anything going on in MY family.

That's right. MY family. MY husband and son. No. We are NOT going to apologize for not calling 10 times a day. WE have a life to live. We are NOT going to apologize if our son prefers someone else to you. Life of a toddler, deal with it. And we WILL NOT apologize for the day to day happenings that prevent us from doting on, and catering to, your petty, selfish needs to be number one in everyone's lives. Because, quite honestly, you aren't.

So, unless you want to go there with me, and believe me, I'm MORE than willing to, I suggest you stop your petty ass whining, complaining, and backstabbing, and start treating those around you...with some respect.

No comments:

web counter

Studio 13

Swidget 1.0 3